Once again we are holding our Annual Food & Drink Producer Awards, sponsored by Hibberts LLP. This is so that local producers can showcase their products, have them independently judged and duly receive feedback. Both festival exhibitors and town centre businesses are free to apply.
Each producer can enter 1 product in each of the categories. Please refer to the entry form.
This year’s categories are as follows:
Please be aware that all tastings will be at ambient/room temperature so your entry must comply with food regulations and be able to be sampled in this state.
Each entry will be judged on the following:
If when judged, the product meets the relevant level of criteria you will be awarded with either – Gold – Silver or Bronze .
Judging will take place on the Saturday of the festival so each producer if successful can display their award on their stall for the rest of the show.
If the criteria are not met for a category then awards will not be given. Equally in the event of more than one reaching for example the Gold Standard – then more than one Gold Standard will be awarded.
To register your interest in entering the Producer Awards please contact Zoë Dean by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The rules are as follows:
1. A producer can enter a maximum of 1 entry per category
2. The judges’ decision is final
3. Feedback will be provided if requested
4. Entries must not be attributable to a producer when viewed by the judges
5. When you deliver your entry you will be given an entrant number and it is this number that will distinguish your product from the other entries
6. Your declaration to enter the Producer Awards must arrive with Zoë Dean by 10th May at the latest
7. Your entry must be delivered to the Civic Centre in Whitchurch on Friday 18th May between 3pm and 7pm or before 9am on Saturday 19th May 2018.
8. It will be announced once the judging has been completed that the entries can be collected
9. When the results are finalised each award certificate will be given to the producer at their stall to enable them to display it. The results will be announced on Saturday 20th May.
10. Each entry must be accompanied by a typed list of ingredients and their source along with a short description of the product – there must be no reference to the company / name of the producer.
11. This year there will be a supreme Champion – this is the product that according to the Judges stands out amongst the rest.
Your Chance to Win a Free Stand for Next Year...
One of our guests will be judging the favourite stand – they are looking for an attractive display/great product information/great point of sale material/branding.
If yours is the chosen stand you will not only be awarded the Festival Trophy, which will be on display at the Civic Centre throughout the coming year, but you will also qualify for a free stand for the 2019 Whitchurch Food and Drink Festival!